Saturday, February 02, 2008

Last night at about 3am I suddenly was inspired to go on a wild "tagging" mission on Flickr. Part of the inspiration came from my discovery of the new features on Blogger which allow you to add slide-shows and videos to your page, based off of keywords. So I jumped on Flickr and went keyword crazy... making sure that I had "The Evangenitals" and "Juli Crockett" on every awesome photo from the Road to Oprah tour that I could find.

The thing I realized is... there are a TON of awesome photos from the Road to Oprah tour because, it turns out, we to a ton of awesome places and had more perfect moments and photo ops than you can shake a stick at. That's not to say there weren't hard times and disappointments and all that other goo that life flings at you... but holy moly, there are so many pictures of people looking downright glow-wormy with big smiles and amazing vistas behind them.

I still can't get over the fact that we actually DID it. We bought a bus, we fixed it up, and we drove it across the country in pursuit of a dream. And we're still pursuing the dream... dreams are funny that way. They are quiet pursue-able. One foot in front of the other, we keep trudging toward it.

Amen.

No comments: