Monday, July 07, 2008

I recently went on a Colorado mini-tour with Cash'd Out, the world's premier Johnny Cash tribute band, in which I count myself blessed to be singing the June Carter parts. It was in Veil, Colorado, our 3rd show on the trip that I realized upon the dance floor that I was completely in love with this job, this band, and this whole adventure/experience in music that I'm having.

Prior to the show, we were all sitting around having dinner and geeking out over an article/interview that had come out in the paper that day about Cash'd Out and our appearance in town. It was the first time my name had appeared in print in association with the band (albeit misspelled) and the whole thing was pretty exciting.

I just found the article online, and figured I'd share it with y'all. Follow this link:
Johnny Cash Tribute Band - VeilDaily.com

Hopefully you'll be able to come and see me in action in this new gig. It's really something else, very different from the Evangenitals; in Cash'd Out I wear dresses and heels and makeup and curl my hair and pretty much sound the profound depths of my inner girlishness.

Much to my surprise, it turns out I'm quite a lady and am having the time of my life letting my femme flag fly. :-)

xo
julio

1 comment:

Steve Mays said...

Would dearly love to see a photo of Juli as June Carter. Got a link for us?

smays.com