Friday, January 16, 2009

blogging from my blackberry

I'm in the Cash'd Out van heading to San Jose. We're playing The Blank Club in San Jose tonight, then the Uptown in Oakland tomorrow night. After that, we're driving home in the middle of the night. The Evangenitals are playing a fundraiser at South Pasadena music on Sunday night.

Monday I've got my "checking" for my new TM adventure in Beverly Hills, and on Tuesday I've got my 2nd major design meeting for the opera I'm directing up at CalArts.

I recently was informed that this will be the US premiere of the opera, which is exciting, and that the composer is actually going to come see the show. That's scary. This is the first time that I've ever directed a major piece by a LIVING author, which seems to bring with it a whole other set of considerations and feelings of responsibility.

I upgraded to the blackberry curve and got internet on my phone once again, which I'm trying to make the most of. So far I'm doing pretty good, I think, as far as upping my BAP rating, productivity and responsiveness.

George Bernardo is in the backseat right now, editing the tracks from the Evangenitals LIVE on KXLU that we're going to release on iTunes in a bit... So that's exciting. And the Evangenitals are revving up to record a new album back at Del Boca Vista studios... So that's REALLY exciting. I just discovered I can blog with my blackberry... So there's no more excuses for no updates on the road!

Boss Ass Pro!!!!

xoxo
Julio

No comments: